Resources: Cost Effective Resources and Sliding Scale
Strock Medical Group, LLC has sliding scale options. Patients will be asked to provide substantial information and proof of income to qualify.
If you are experiencing an emergency: Please call 911
Below: Resources and Sliding Scale Options (this is not a complete list, please call location directly to confirm information and fees).
Colorado Walk-In Crisis:
Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners
-Available online-self assessment(s)
-Immediate one-on-one counseling calls with professionals
o Metro Crisis Line: Colorado's free, confidential, 24/7 telephone hotline for mental health or substance abuse crisis help, information, and referrals.
o The second service provided is the free Program Services Directory, including over 3,000 different providers, assistance programs, and support resources throughout the community.
o Want to speak to a Crisis Clinician online?
4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. 7 days a week
The Action Center
8755 W. 14thAve., Lakewood, CO 80215
·Hours of Operation:
o Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:00am – 3:00pm o Thursdays: 11:00am – 5:30pm
Serves Jefferson county residents and homeless individuals
Crisis counseling from 1 to 6 sessions
Intensive case management and extra assistance accessing services in the
Spanish speaking services available.
Affordable Counseling Program – Animal Assisted Therapy Programs of Colorado
1255 Lee St., Lakewood, CO 80217
Counseling for children, adults and families with the assistance of therapy animals
Master's Level Interns counsel clients through the Scholarship Program, a
Low Fee service for those clients in need of a sliding fee scale (if making over $40,000/year, please seek services elsewhere)
o More details on the Scholarship Program can be found at:
Asian Pacific Development Center
1537 Alton St., Aurora, CO 80010
· Services include: individual, couples, family, and group psychotherapy and counseling; psychological evaluation; psychiatric medication evaluation and monitoring; case management services; and senior outreach.
· These services, as well as mental health consultation and education activities, are provided by clinical staff in Hmong, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Laotian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, Thai, Vietnamese, and English.
· Payment: Medicaid, various third party insurance and private payment on a sliding scale. (soon to be accepting Medicare as well)
The Centre for Behavioral Health at Porter Adventist Hospital
2465 S. Downing St., Ste 110, Denver
· Individual and family counseling for adults, teens, and children is provided by licensed, Masters-
educated counselors specializing in family counseling, cognitive behavioral therapy, play therapy
and trauma therapy.
· Psychiatric medication management services for all ages.
· Payment: They accept most managed healthcare insurance plans. They cannot accept Medicaid. A
sliding fee schedule is available for those clients who qualify and do not have health insurance
· Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM. Treatment hours may differ.
CHARG Resource Center
920 Emerson St., Denver, CO 80218 – Drop-In Center – 303-830-2130
709 E. 12th Ave., Denver, CO 80203 – Clinic and Offices – 303-830-8805
·Drop-In Center @ CHARG
o The drop-in center is open to anyone 18 years and older living with mental illness and receiving
mental health treatment, regardless of where they receive treatment
o One can sit quietly and read, or socialize in a variety of groups, recreational outings, and
seasonal celebrations. Coffee, snacks, food bank, the daily newspaper, clothing bank, free
internet and phone, and a low-cost lunch on Tuesdays ($1.25).
o Peer specialists are also available for assistance with basic needs resources.
o Free of charge, but members must fill out a contact information form during first visit and bring
verification of treatment to their second visit o Hours of Operation:
§Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 10am-5pm §Tuesday and Thursday: 12pm-5pm
·The HEARTLAND Clinic
o Outpatient clinic that provides intensive services to adults with major mental illness.
o These services include individual counseling, group counseling, medication management, case management, skills training, payee program, recreational activities and monitoring of overall health.
o Call for more information regarding payment for services
5075 Lincoln St., Denver, CO
· Offers culturally competent bilingual services for the underserved and underinsured in the community. They provide various services, including: Individual, couples, family and group counseling for children, adolescents and adults.
· Visits are $25
3954 Youngfield St., Wheatridge, CO 80033
· Comprehensive treatment center for trauma with therapists having experience in PTSD and use evidence-based treatments such as EMDR and somatic trauma work.
· For individuals and families who do not have resources to pay, we offer a sliding scale as low as $50/hour depending on the clinician. Contact for more details.
The Denver Family Institute
3600 Yosemite St., Ste. 1050, Denver, CO 80237 – South/Central
4891 Independence Ave., St. 165, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 – North
· Serves the Denver Metro Area by providing therapy for individuals, couples, and families regardless of income
· Counseling provided on a sliding fee scale based on the family’s annual income and ranges from $15-$50 a session
· Pro bono work can also be completed at a nearby café if one cannot afford the minimum service charge, please inquire for more details
Foundation Family Counseling P.L.L.C.
789 Sherman St, Suite 440, Denver, Co 80203
· Services include individual, couple and family therapy, play therapy, life coaching, EMDR for t opics such as: trauma and abuse, addiction, depression and anxiety and GLBTQQ issues.
· Sliding scale fees may vary, as low as $50/hour. Medicaid accepted. Contact for more detail.
Jewish Family Services
3201 S. Tamarac Dr., Denver, CO 80231
· Therapy is offered on a sliding-scale-fee basis and can range from $35 to $130 per hour, depending on income.
· Accept some private insurance; do not accept Medicaid.
· Call or email to set up an Intake appointment.
Maria Droste Counseling Center
1355 South Colorado Blvd. Suite C-100, Denver, CO 80222
· Provides mental health services regardless of a client’s ability to pay.
· Serves children, adults, groups, and families and provides treatment for issues such as: depression, substance abuse, grief and loss, trauma, relationship issues and parenting and family problems.
· Accepts all kinds of insurance, including Medicare/Medicaid.
· Sliding scale for those without insurance.
Mount Saint Vincent Home – Outpatient Counseling Services
4159 Lowell Blvd., Denver, CO 80211
· Treatment center for children with severe behavioral and emotional challenges
· Provides individual, family, and group therapy as well as residential, in-home, and day treatment
· Sliding scale outpatient is only offered when a client moves from a higher level of care at Mount
Saint Vincent into outpatient treatment as a step-down. Inquire for more details.
3035 W. 25thAve., Denver, CO 80211
· Serves adults, children, couples, and families
· Low-cost therapy program which is intended for clients who have a need for counseling services but lack the resources for full-priced psychotherapy.
· Counseling by interns on a sliding scale basis ($20 to $40 per hour).
o They request that clients choose the appropriate fee based on income and life circumstances.
University of Colorado Denver Psychological Services Center – Auraria Campus
1200 Larimer St., North Classroom Building, Suite 4036, Denver, CO 80217
· Costs: $10 for an intake and between $10-$25 for therapy sessions – they are committed to provide help regardless of ability to pay.
· All services are provided by doctoral level students in training who are supervised by licensed clinical psychologists. These services include: therapy, psychological testing/assessment and health psychology services.
· Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 9:00AM – 8:00PM (except during university vacation breaks and holidays).
University of Denver – Professional Psychology Clinic
2450 S Vine St., Denver, CO 80208 (DU Campus)
· Staffed by more than 100 doctoral students and psychologists, they offer affordable and confidential mental health care. Services are available without visit limitations
· Individual, couples, and family counseling with sliding scale fees based on income
· Groups are available; please call for more info about joining a group:
o Interpersonal Process Group, Thursdays, 7:00pm-8:30pm
o Gay Men's Group, location and time upon request ·Hours of Operation:
o Monday – Thursday: 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM
o Friday: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
University of Denver - Counseling & Educational Services Clinic
1999 East Evans Ave., Denver, CO 80208
University of Denver, Katherine A. Ruffatto Hall (Building 83 on DU campus map), Room #140
· Provides a community counseling service for adults, adolescents, children, couples, and families with career, personal, family, educational, and other life concerns
· The clinic offers assessment, counseling, consultation, support and therapy groups, and referrals to other community services when appropriate
· Fees for counseling and psychological services vary from $10 to $125 per hour and are determined on a sliding scale fee schedule based on gross monthly income
o DU students, staff and faculty receive a 10% discount on counseling and psychological assessment services
·Hourly paid parking is available in Lot 302 or 316W.
University of Denver – Clinic for Child and Family Psychology
2155 S. Race Street, Denver, CO 80208 (DU Campus)
o For Children and Adolescents
§Depression and Low Self-Esteem
§Behavior Problems such as defiance, anger/aggression, and temper tantrums
§Anxiety Problems including school refusal, social anxiety, worry, and obsessive-compulsive
disorder (OCD) Updated January, 2016
§Emotional reactions to traumatic events (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; PTSD)
§Full psychological evaluations on a sliding scale between $150-$800 o For Parents
§Behavioral Parenting Skills o For Adults
§Couples or marital therapy
§Anxiety Problems including social anxiety, worry, and post traumatic reactions §Depression and mood difficulties
· Sliding scale only, sessions range from $5-$75 depending on annual taxable income
· Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday 9:00AM – 8:00PM, Friday 9:00AM – 5:00PM
70 West Counseling
9901 West 50th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
· Full range of counseling services, including groups, individual, couples, and family counseling covering a wide range of topics including: grief, depression, shame, trauma, crisis and many more.
· New intensive outpatient groups beginning soon
· Spanish-speaking counselor available
· Payment: Sliding scale fees range from $20, $40 or $60; scholarships and pro bono work also
provided. No one is turned away due to inability to pay.
· Hours of operation: Monday: Office Closed, Tuesday – Friday 9:00am – 9:00pm; on Wednesdays, child care is provided from 6:00pm-8:00pm
1741 Gaylord St., Denver CO 80206
· Provides support groups, grief education groups, individual and family counseling, and activities for children ages 3-18 and young adults 18-25. Also provides support and education for caregivers of grieving children and youth.
· Services are available in Spanish.
· Services are provided free of charge to children and families grieving a death loss of any kind.
Second Wind Fund
13701 W. Jewell Ave. #251, Lakewood, CO 80228
· Free counseling for kids aged 19 and under who are underinsured or uninsured
· Matches kids at risk for suicide with a community therapist and pays for up to 12 sessions
· Referrals made through mental health professionals due to financial or social barriers to treatment.
*Referral line for providers: 720-988-2645
Counseling for the Homeless
Mental Health America of Colorado
720-208-2220, or toll-free at 1-800-456-3249
1385 S. Colorado Blvd., Suite 610, Denver, CO 80222
·Provides short-term, free mental health services to low-income children and their families, older adults, and people who are homeless.
Stout Street Clinic
303-293-6512 (mental health triage line)
2130 Stout St., Denver, CO 80205
·Open for appointments and walk-ins Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays: 7:30am, Open for walk-ins on Wednesdays: 11:00am
5483 W. Alder Avenue, Littleton CO 80128
· Free therapy services for girls 13-18
· Christian counseling for multiple therapies
Catholic Charities – Regina Caeli Clinical Services
4045 Pecos St., Denver 80211
· Individual, marital, family and child counseling.
· Fee-based service. Grants available.
1385 S. Colorado Blvd Ste. 210, Denver, CO 80222
· Counseling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and families.
· A subsidy may be provided based on income or personal circumstances.
· To request an appt., please call or email a clinician through the link above.
Grace Counseling Services
7921 Southpark Plaza, Suite 204, Littleton 80120
·Christian organization serving all areas. Counseling for individuals, couples, children and adolescent
o No religious affiliation required to receive services. Faith and spirituality will be incorporated upon preference of the client.
· Frequently, a few therapists offer a sliding scale depending on individual and family financial circumstances and availability of reduced-fee spots.
· Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm, appointment only.
Shepherd’s Gate Counseling Center – Denver Seminary
6399 S. Santa Fe Dr., Littleton, CO 80210
· Marital, premarital, couple, older adult issues, men and women issues, grief and loss, child, and adolescent counseling provided by graduate students enrolled in Denver Seminary. Generally 10-15 sessions.
· Cost is $5 to $25 per session depending on income. Typically there is no waiting list.
Southwest Counseling Associates
141 W. Davies Ave., Littleton, CO
· Traditional or Christian counseling for individuals, families & couples.
· Scholarships available for low-income clients to pay a percentage of their fees depending on income for a limited number of sessions.
Colorado AIDS Project (CAP)
2490 W. 26thAve., Suite A-300, Denver, CO 80211
·Free individual, families and group counseling, and support groups for those with HIV/AIDS.